Monday, March 25, 2013

Sometimes, less is more

From the title it would be evident that this is going to be a lazy, short post, with some lazy comments about some very lazy-sounding stuff. And you are correct. Today is one very busy day of which I learnt about... Well, nothing, actually.

There's just so much the mind can't take.

Let's talk about doing the best for something. How do we define "doing our best"? This is a redundant question to me, since i believe there is no way of measuring how a person is doing his or her best. 

With that in mind, let's do our best to ponder on it while I continue being the lazy bum I actually am. ^^

4 comments:

  1. ok this time, i don't really understand what are you trying to say. haha.. explain please..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's like this. some people, who do not perform in something, can always say, "I did my best already." However, how can you say that you actually did your best in something? You have to bear in mind that the term 'doing your best' is not measurable. Does doing your best means that you work hard UNTIL YOU HAVE NO TIME for anything else? or is it about WORKING SMART? you can't really make judgment, can you? :) So, don't ever say we already did our best in something, because that would mean that we have no room for improvement, and it means our "best" is really just a lame level. if you got 2.50 as a CGPA, and said that you already did your best, that means your limit is only as far as 2.50. And without noticing it, you put yourself down as you give up on any improvement. This is what I meant. :D understood?

      Delete
  2. I was about to ask the same question but yet again, i got the answer. Sometimes you need not say you did your best...what if there's a word that sounds so similar to "I did my best" that is "I thought I did a good job"
    Are the two the same@different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, for me, it's better to say that "I could have done better, and I will, the next time" which would mean that you can improve, and you have to believe you can improve for you to improve. if you said you did your best and already did a good job, you are being satisfied with what you did, and that's not good as you will be in your comfort zone :D

      Delete