Tuesday, March 26, 2013

After Single, Double, and Triple, What's Next?

As a linguist, it is one of my favourite things to giggle silently at a person who makes mistakes when pronouncing an English word. I assure you that this gesture is purely innocent, and I never really wanted to make fun of you people.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!!!!!!

*gasping for air* Now that was a good laugh. 

Now, let's analyse the first paragraph (I am fully aware that as of now, this blog is all about sentence analyzing and meaningless mumbles). In the first sentence I said that giggling to other's mistakes is one of my favourite things to do, besides cutting grass. Then, in the next sentence i go on and say that I never meant any harm in doing it. This type of sentence transition is one my kampung people would call 'Suh-too-peed', which is defined as an excess of 'dumbcells' in the brain. Why? Well, the first sentence clearly contradicts the second! How can I say that I don't actually want to make fun of you guys when I continue doing it? 

So, what point am I proving here? I know some of you are currently thinking, "What in heavens is this dude talking about? He clearly has no idea what to write in this blog and rambles on and on about worthless stuff in an attempt to make this lame post longer and generate an A+ for his subject. BOO~! BOO~!"

Well, in my defence, I am simply writing without any idea of what to write. And that... that... actually makes what you thought as the truth.... Hmm... *cries*

Farris Azere, officially Emo. And plus now i'm a girl.

While being an emo kid is totally awesome, it is actually very usual to hear people speak incoherently by contradicting themselves, like the first paragraph. If you don't believe me, think. When was the last time you heard someone pronounce these words:

"Aku bukannya nak ngumpat ke apa, tapi..."

or;

"Bukan nak cakap apa la kan, tapi..."

or better yet;

"Aku tak tahu sangat la, tapi..."

See? many people contradict themselves everyday. Plus, if one truly study the elements of these sentences, it can be inferred that these people are shameful scaredy-cats who aren't courageous enough to actually speak what's on their mind, as they say these contradictory words to make themselves look innocent and ultimately keep themselves safe, regardless of what they say. If you want to say something, be precise and don't be afraid. Take responsibility for what you say. If you can't do that, come join me and become emo. *slices hand* 

Peace out.

P/s: If you still don't know what comes after triple, it's "Quadruple", which means '4 times'. Now go Google the following terms of '5 times' and '6 times', ask some friends about it and make yourself look smart. You might even score a girlfriend/boyfriend/emofriend. :DD toodles~ 

2 comments:

  1. "Starfish"...sounds familiar, Sir Farris =P
    Awesome topic, reasonable essay...(chehhh mcm hebat sgt english ARGHH!!!) anyways2...nice farris...ahahaha

    ReplyDelete