Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Five

Let's start with a story.



A 55 year old man who was born on May 5, has been married 5 years, has 5 children, makes $55,555.55 a year, who's lucky number is 5 receives a phone call from a friend.
The friend informs the man that a horse named Lucky 5 will be running in the fifth race at the local track that evening.

Excitedly, the man withdraws 5,555.00 cash from his bank account, goes to the races and bets on Lucky 5.

Sure enough the horse comes in fifth.

- by Jokes4U.


What comes to mind when you see the number five? By now, please raise your hand in the air and answer like the kid you want to be when you are watching Dora the Explorer.


Dora, the perfect example of a case of child neglect.


Now, let's imagine you actually answered my question. these would be some answers I came up with, but since I want to cultivate a 2-way communication relationship with you people, please comment on this post with your answer if you have any intention of showing off. I would. Haha. Now, the answers I anticipated:

We have 5 fingers! (OK, not bad.)

We have 5 toes! (That's a ripoff off the last answer. next!)

We have 5 senses! (True. But all these 'we have's are getting kinda boring)

There are 5 basic elements! (Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, and... what? I really don't know. Need to watch Captain Planet again.)

A starfish has 5 legs! (Now let's think about this. Are those legs... or hands?)

Muslims pray 5 times daily! (May you be blessed.)

All these answers are good, but let's get back to reality. If you ever think about the number 5, you must have thought, for even a little bit, about the 'awesomest' (not a word) thing of all.

Yes, the Power Rangers.

By now you would most probably be singing, "Go go Power Rangers~ "


For me, and most people from my time, the most important time of the week is when we are sitting in front of the TV, watching Power Rangers as our mom/grandma feeds us with fluffy white rice and fried eggs. That, and also "Kelab Disney Malaysia".

Now that I think about it, it seems childhood is such an awesome time frame. And I would give anything to be a kid again, right about now.;[w[ix'[;0ik9kk9e9j[9;pxejjjjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh2biooooxc hegegegegegegegegegegb (this is me transforming into a child)

There's a saying.

"I want to grow up and be a man, without losing the boy inside me." -anonymous.

This is one of my best held principles in life, and it's safe to say that nobody can take the boy out of me. Why? Coz being a boy is awesome. If you are a woman, I'm sure the feeling of being a lil' girl is awesome too. So cheers to our childhood. And cheers to the number five, for no reason at all.


"Life is to have fun, or die trying."
-F2Farris, 2010.

Peace out.

2 comments:

  1. Masok2 je time "Power Ranger" mmg lagu dah play lam otak..ahaha...Like i said just now, the five was so freaking funny!!! I thought you're going to write about Dora d Explorer..aha

    ReplyDelete